Friday, December 15, 2006

Learning To Walk Again

Here are some updates since my last post:
  • I got a 6x8 Wacom tablet and 'upgraded' to felt pen tips. Using these along with Toon Boom Studio solves my procrastinating-inducing dilemma of how I want to continue to learn.
  • I've adjusted my expectations and come to terms with the fact that animation is hard and more time-consuming than I first thought. To learn and do it with any skill at all is going to take a long time especially considering that I have to work it in with my other responsibilities.
  • Since the FAS folks are moving a good deal slower on returning my assignments than I'd prefer, I got a very used copy of the highly recommended FAS Cartoon Course to work through at my own pace.
  • I'm slowly working through The Animator's Workbook. I just started the chapter on walks. Very convenient with the Ken Harris/Richard Williams discussion I just read (from Cartoon Brew). I plan to pencil test most, if not all, the exercises along with whatever else I feel is appropriate. The pencil test below isn't an exercise though, it's just an example I copied from the book.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Nice walk.

It looks like the feet might be a little far forward for a realistic walk. Definitely shows a cool character walk, though.

Hope you'll be around more often now...

Jimmy said...

Moose, thanks for keeping tabs and your comments!