Friday, April 06, 2007

Run Example

Below is a ruff 14-frame run cycle I created based on the 8-frame example in Tony White's book. My aim here wasn't to create any particular effect but just to practice inbetweening and try different timings, in this case slowing the action down a bit. My result here is basically a slow-motion run but after watching it a bit, I imagined the character struggling to finish a race, out-of-breath. I'll be working on the chapter exercise next. It'll be my first performance-type piece: the character runs off the screen, walks back in, pauses and then runs off again.


(right/control-click on the movie and select Play)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, running in slow motion. I just picked up the Tony White book, and the Richard Williams book. The Williams book has been an enjoyable read so far. How he breaks things down makes me go, wow. I just can't get used to drawing on my wacom tablet. I can work in photoshop OK doing masks and detailed selections, but when it comes to drawing, not a chance. I guess I need more practice. :)

Jimmy said...

Thanks for your comment. I have the Williams book too and plan to study it after I finish White's book. I feel your pain with the tablet. I made some changes to my setup which have helped me a lot: moving up to the 6x8 size, using felt tips and propping the tablet up a little. Someday I hope to be able to afford a Cintiq...

Jerry Keslensky said...

Come on Jimmy, post some more progress work. You can't slack off now. We want more drawings and more animations. Your fans are getting impatient. If you're not doing, you're not improving, so get back to it. That's a "public" nudge from a mentor and a friend.