Monday, October 09, 2006

FAS Assignment 2

UPDATE 10/31:
Received the assignment 2 watercolors back from FAS last week. Overall, they were happy with my work. A comment regarding both painting is that I need to work on controlling my edges better. I thought they were going to slam the lighthouse blending but they didn't. I guess it didn't turn out too bad. The instructor did paint his own blending on a clear overlay. Very helpful but just reinforces my opinion that 'technique' instruction is done a lot more efficiently in person not through coorespondence. Corrected painting is below:



Last night I finished the second watercolor painting to turn into FAS for evaluation. This was done using white/grey/black gouache. I posted the transparent watercolor a while ago.



I probably learned more about myself (ie, my perfectionist, procrastinating tendencies) than I did about how to paint with gouache. I've slowly started to get a grip on controlling the paint, it's not as frustrating as it was when I started. But I have to say, this exercise would have been a lot easier if I had taken a class (which I eventually will - I like painting with gouache).

This is the last 'technique' lesson. Next lesson is learning about design.

No comments: