Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Animation Principles Assignments 5-7

Assignments 1-4 are learning slo-in and out and a ball bounce. They weren't much trouble. But starting with #5, the pendulum, takes real concentration. I'm drawing these frame by frame in Flash so that I can really start to understand how the timing works. I'm pretty embarassed by these but I have to start somewhere.

Interesting, scary thought from Brian's book - he surmises that an average 90 minute feature would take one person about 38 years to animate by hand. His larger point is to remind readers that animation takes a lot of individual drawings to get your idea across.

Assignment 7 - Overlapping Action 2 (Seaweed)
UPDATE: Re-did this one. Even though I'm going to continue doing these assignments in Flash, I'm going to freehand it and first do a rough sketch using the pencil tool and then finish with a brush overlay. It was too much of a pain to push/pull using the pen and line tools. Assignments 5 & 6 use that method but I'm not going to bother changing them.

(Click image to view animation)

Assignment 6 - Overlapping Action 1

(Click image to view animation)

Assignment 5 - Pendulum Swing


(Click image to view animation)

No comments: