Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Perfect Timing

Just in time for starting this blog, my FAS package arrived. It was well-packed and I got busy emptying the box. I examined everything carefully and am left with two distinct impressions:

1. The pages are quite large and very high quality. 4-hole punched.
2. They smell like they've been stored in an musty attic since 1969.

Anyway, this blog isn't a critique of FAS, it's about my decision to get serious with art and animation.

The first FAS section is about getting familiar with materials, specifically pencil, charcoal and ink. The first practice was copying an outline of a bird then using different pencils and charcoal and drawing methods to fill in the bird. I'm posting my favorite, a charcoal drawing, not because I think it's any good, but because I had fun smearing the charcoal around and making a mess. I free-handed the outline, that's why the shape isn't very good.




No comments: