Thursday, July 27, 2006

Playin' In A Puddle

I sent in the assignment for Section 1 to FAS last week for review. I'll post the assignment and FAS comments when I get them back.

Section 2 is working with watercolors and it's split into two sub-sections: working with transparent and opaque material. I've never worked with opaque watercolors and I can't remember the last time I painted with transparent watercolors (and that was with those little inexpensive cakes).

All the FAS material has been very helpful with teaching technique but the one thing that was explained very well was how to create a graded layout. The instructions had you experiment with pushing a puddle of black wash down the page, going from light to dark and vice-versa:



Eventually, I want to experiment with using some watercolor background layouts within Flash. I'll think it will create an interesting contrast within the animation.

No comments: