Monday, July 17, 2006

Inkblot

Continuing with the first FAS section, you get to practice with ink, specifically india ink and markers. I've used markers to create trouble in one manner or another my whole life but I've never worked with india ink (and the picture below bears that out!).

For india ink, the FAS instructions suggest practicing with both a watercolor brush and pens. The materials list mentions certain pen tips with Hunt numbers listed. I expected to find a bin of these at my local Michael's but no such luck. So after staring at my limited choices for 20 long minutes, I went with the Speedball drawing kit. I believe that one of the drawings I actually send in to FAS for comments will have me use pen and ink so hopefully my utter lack of pen tip knowledge won't become an issue.

I like working with markers the best but using the pens are addicting - I've never had an hour go by so fast.

Using marker:


Using india ink:

No comments: